Crabs and College

Sometimes, things are easier said than done.

At 6:30am, my alarm rang. My mummy, sister and I were all rudely awaken by my alarm. As the one who has to start attending college in 3 days, they left the decision up to me. I got to decide whether were we going jogging.

Guess what I chose.

After my decision was made, I slept for another hour and a half. I woke up at 8am, feeling lazy but refreshed.

As these few days are meant to help me to get used to a routine again, my sister and I started the day with a copying session. Then, I practiced some typing. While doing so, there were contractors at our house, fixing our lights and air-conditioners.

Once I finished typing, I read a storybook: Morning Star. This is my second time reading the book, and I enjoyed reading it again. Morning Star is the third book in the Red Rising trilogy, which was written by Pierce Brown. It is a sci-fi series, focusing on the ideas of freedom and the cost of war.

Around 12pm, my daddy, sister and I left for lunch. We went to Restaurant SKH River View Seafood Village. It wasn't crowded, which was nice. Daddy ordered the dishes, which were all nice except for the pork dish. The pork had a funny taste, which may be due to the marinade.

The rest of the dishes were nice, but the crabs were time-consuming. I haven't eaten crabs in awhile, so I have forgotten the amount of effort required. I cracked the shell of the crab piece, which is always a messy affair. Then, I slowly dug out bits of meat, which didn't taste very nice. I guess it's because of the effort spent only yields a small amount of meat.

On the bright side, daddy bought Fried Rice and Fried Noodles from the restaurant for our dinner. This means there was no dinner clean-up! My sister won't even need to cook instant noodles, since we already had something for dinner.  It was a good reward for eating crab.

The Reward For Eating Crab:
NO COOKING!
Once we were done, we went to my soon-to-be college, and settled the payment for the rest of the fees. It is official: Monday, 8th of January will be my first day of college! It was a strange thought. Needless to say, after the hour long lunch and the trip to the college, I was tired. I was glad to be back home.

Sad to say, I still had things to do. Mummy asked me to vacuum the floor, even though my sister just vacuumed it yesterday. This may be due to the contractors, leaving dirt and dust as they fixed our lights.

After I was done, my sister, mummy and I relaxed for awhile. We chatted about our day and our plans for tomorrow. Then, mummy took a nap while my sister and I relaxed. I had a fun time watching movies on Netflix. After dinner and a quick shower, here I am, blogging about my day.

Today has been a good day, despite the crabs. It wasn't too busy, neither was it too boring. I enjoyed my storybook, my movies and the time spent with family. I hope tomorrow will also be another good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies