High Heels

Whenever I hear the words high heels, two words come to mind: pretty but painful.

High heels are nice shoes. They come in a variety of colours and they vary in design as well. They can even make the wearer look taller, which is always nice. However, walking in high heels sounds like torture to me. 

I have tried walking in them before, and I felt like I was going to fall over. I kept walking in an awkward and unflattering way. The worst part? My toes felt a bit squashed up in the shoe, which is normal! I'm sure walking around in heels for a long period of time will be a painful affair.

That's why I try my best to avoid wearing high heels as much as possible. So, imagine my reaction when I learned I have to wear heels from 8am until 4pm, next Monday and Tuesday!

The reason why I have to do so, is due to my college's Orientation Programme. I have to show up in formal attire: a blouse/dress with long sleeves, a below knee-length skirt and court shoes.

Court shoes are plain high heels, which may be black or white. 

Since mummy doesn't have any court shoes, we had to buy a pair. 

We went to several shoes shops, such as Vincci and Nose, at a shopping mall to find a pair. There were not many pairs of court shoes, but the few that we found were expensive. There were pairs that were RM200! 

After browsing at several shops, mummy and I decided on this pair at Vincci.
THE ONE!
The high heels that we chose were nice. They were black, which is easy to match with clothing, and the heels were not too high. I could walk in them without struggling too much. So, we bought it at RM79.

To be fair, mummy and I were being silly. We thought that since court shoes were plain high heels, it would be much cheaper, compared to other high heels. We thought that the price range would be RM50-RM60. At the end of the day, money is still needed to produce court shoes.

Once we bought the shoes, we were tired. We stopped for coffee and cakes, before running some errands. After that, we went home.

I am not looking forward to next Monday. I can't believe I will have to wear high heels for 8 hours! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies