The Lie That Led To An Awkward Situation

Today has been good, but tiring. I had six hours of intensive classes today, so my brain is tired. However, I still have to go through today's lessons, and write up some notes. I do plan to sleep early, since I only have Christian Fellowship tomorrow.

Back to today. Last night, mummy helped me to print out my results, which daddy will help me hand it in today. With my provisional offer being a "special case", we thought it best to hand in my results as soon as possible. To be honest, I was glad that daddy was handling it for me. I was nervous at the thought of handling my results and thanking the lecturer who helped me get the provisional offer.

So, I attended chapel at 7:30am, and class at 8. Classes were challenging today, with more formulas to learn and questions to try. My lecturer even set a time limit for us while we attempted the questions! That's why I was and still am tired.

At 10:30am, we got a short 10 minutes break. That was when I saw the message from daddy.

He posted it in the family group chat, telling us what happened that morning. He handed in my results, spoke with several lecturers and the CEO of the college, thanking her for approving my provisional offer. They chatted, and my Friday timetable was brought up.

As blogged about earlier, I have no classes on Friday. I have Christian Fellowship, which mummy wants me to attend regularly. However, with mummy working, we weren't sure as to whether daddy would be able to send me to college very Friday. Especially since Christian Fellowship is not mandatory. So, we told him that I have classes on Friday, from 12 to 2 pm.

The CEO was confused. Nobody has classes from 12-2pm on Friday, so that we would be free to attend Christian Fellowship. She said that she look into it with the CAT program head.

That's how I was called out from class to explain why is there classes on Friday from 12-2pm to my lecturer and the program head.

Realising the seriousness and awkwardness of the situation, I did the right thing: I told them the truth.

One long and surprising explanation later, I could tell that the two of them didn't really know how to react to the situation. The program head promised to explain the matter to the CEO, and I promised to explain things to daddy.

Mummy and I don't plan to explain things to him. I don't want to speak badly about daddy, but he is stubborn. He also does not like doing "unnecessary things", even though I find it necessary.

Lying is wrong. I know that. However, there is a legitimate explanation here, and there is no other way to handle this situation. The only way that I'll get to attend CF every Friday is through a lie.

I hope I can come clean one day.

Truth Conquers All. Something that I am not following.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies