Results Day

I am typing this now, at 9:39pm, still in shock about today's events. It still feels so unreal!

Today started with the usual 6am wake up and rush session. Chapel at 7:30am, class at 8am. The usual, nothing exciting. My lunch period started from 1pm, which was when I started feeling nervous. One hour left until the news. One hour left until my results are posted.

I had lunch alone in Cafeteria B, and the packed lunch was comforting. I packed Chopped Eggs and Mushroom filling with bread, which wasn't as yummy as the Egg and Tuna filling. Even though Cafeteria B is less crowded than Cafeteria A, I still felt like the cafeteria was too crowded. The number of people there was giving me a headache.

That's why I went to the library, thinking that I would have some peace. I thought that I could quietly do some work to pass the time quicker. I thought wrong. I was soon joined by a classmate, who sat at my table, and read her own books. Even though she wasn't talking or disturbing me, I am ashamed to say that her presence still annoyed me.

Time slowly passed. I don't know why, but it's always the same thing with time: When you're having fun, time flies. When you really want something to happen, time passes too slowly.

1:45pm. 1:56pm. 1:59pm.

When it was finally 2 pm, I was staring at my phone, waiting for the message from my sister. However, mummy beat her to it. The minute mummy's message: "Yay!" pops up, I knew that I passed all 5 of my subjects, the required grade for me to continue attending college.

That was good news, but the great news, the news that I am still in shock over, is my the breakdown for my grades:

-A (81 marks) for Economics
-A (82 marks) for Business Studies 
-A* (95 marks) for English
-A (89 marks) for Accounting 
-B (74 marks) for Math

Not only did I pass all of my subjects, I have the required grades to apply for a 15% scholarship! Sure, it doesn't sound like much, but every ringgit counts, especially when exams can cost RM900 a paper.

I was so happy for the next two hours. I could barely concentrate. When class finally ended at 4pm, I was picked up by mummy, who left work early, so that the family can celebrate.

For dinner, we had IndoMee with sausage and Potato Chips! It was a mini celebration, since I still had homework to do. We celebrated the results of my sister and I. My parents promised a proper celebration on Sunday.

Our Celebration Dinner.
I gave myself some relaxation time, and continued work at 8:30pm. 

The fact that I now have my results, and might get a scholarship, motivates me to work harder for my CAT. If I can get such results for IGCSE, it is possible for me to do well in CAT and move on to ACCA full time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies