Time Waits For No One

I groaned at the sound of my alarm this morning.

I tossed and turned, dreading the fact that I had to get up and go jogging. My only wish at that moment: to continue snuggling with my blanket and fall back into a blissful sleep.

After a minute of groaning, I dragged myself out of bed and shuffled to Mummy's room to wake her up. Even though I entered the room grumpy, I left the room feeling happy. We agreed that we were lazy, so my wish was granted! I got to continue snuggling with my blanket, and go back to sleep.

I woke up at 8:20am, feeling lazy, but rested. My sister and I had a quick breakfast of bread. Then, we started our copying session. After all, like typing, handwriting is boring to practice. So, it's better to practice handwriting with a partner. My sister is nice enough to be my partner, even though she doesn't need the practice.

Once we were done, I did some typing. My mummy, sister and I chatted, while we each did our own work. Mummy had to meet an ex-colleague for lunch, so she left around noon.

For our lunch, Daddy cooked. We had Fried Pork and Long Beans with rice. It was a nice dish. The pork was yummy and the long beans were crunchy. Daddy also made Lotus Root soup, which is surprisingly, one of my favourite soups now.

I used to dislike lotus root when I was younger. It was always a struggle to get me to eat them. I was a stubborn child, and could spend hours staring at the bowl of lotus root soup. My parents were undeterred by this. Since I disliked the soup and didn't want to drink it, they made the soup very often. So, I learned how to tolerate the soup. I guess I eventually learned to like it.

After lunch, I enjoyed a long Netflix session. I have to enjoy myself over the next few days. After all, once college starts, I won't be able to relax much. Mummy was home at 3:30pm, with snacks for us to enjoy.
Time To Party!
Right now, I'm enjoying said snacks and about to watch some more movies. There are only 4 days left until college. It's still so surreal for me. It seems like only yesterday was my first day of homeschooling, and I was so excited about not going to school anymore.

Time really flies.

Typing this now is also a reminder for myself. I cannot waste anything in life. I must do everything, from studies to exercising, to the best of my ability. If I don't, time flies, and I will regret the wasted opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies