Orientation Part 2

Today was the second day of my college's Orientation Programme.

Yesterday was a general briefing about the college. Today was a briefing about our specific programmes. For CAT students, our briefing started at 9am, but most of us arrived at college at 8am, myself included. Thus, we were left with an hour of free time.

During the briefing, I got to meet my class mates. There are 14 of us in the programme, but one student is overseas and will join us later. So, there are currently 13 of us, 4 guys and 9 girls.

All of my classmates joined the CAT programme because they want to become accountants. They had various reasons for this, ranging from "I love money." to "I want to follow in my mother/father's footsteps.". It was interesting, listening to them introduce themselves.

Our morning lectures were mostly about CAT expectations. We learned about things like how to pass CAT, our subjects for CAT and our textbooks. We also learned about how we can progress from CAT to ACCA, and why ACCA is better than a degree.

We were introduced to an ACCA website, which has online resources to help us with our studies. We also started the registration process for our CAT external exams, and the first exam will start in March. As we still had time left, we were given a tour of the college campus.

After lunch, we had two more talks. One was about the Student Council and upcoming events. The upcoming events include All Clubs Day and the Charity Run. The other talk was about the Christian Fellowship group, which welcomes everyone, believer or non-believer.

Once these two talks were over, the results for yesterday's Treasure Hunt was posted. I didn't win, but I wasn't upset. The prizes weren't that great: caps with the college name on it. Then, we were dismissed and free to do what we want.

At 4:30pm, I reached home, tired and ready to go to bed. However, I still had to eat dinner, finish my chores and blog about my day. Once I'm done blogging, I still have things to read for class tomorrow.

College is a very interesting experience for me. There's a sudden need for me to be independent, as I have to handle things like textbooks, application forms and timetables myself. I'm trying to be positive, but if I have to withdraw from college on the 17th of January due to my results, I would be very upset.

College is a challenging and interesting place. Yes, it's a little stressful, but I can see that it is a place that I will learn and mature.
The college motto: "Veritas Vincit Omnia".
This means "Truth Conquers All".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies