Orientation Part 1

Today was the day.

Today was the first day of my college's Orientation programme. When I woke up, I was nervous, and felt like crawling back underneath my blankets. I got ready for college in a daze, feeling like time was moving way too fast. The time to leave for college came too soon.

My mummy and sister dropped me off at college. They stayed with me until I registered, before leaving. After that, I went up to the Auditorium, where I waited before the orientation started.

At 8:30am, roughly 170 of us, started orientation. The morning was filled with lecture after lecture, about various issues. There were lectures on dress code, library rules, club activities and the core values of the college. We learned the locations of offices, cafeterias and classrooms.

One of the things we learned about was two compulsory subjects that we would be taking:Charcater Formation and Service Learning. In order to pass our course, we must pass these two subjects.

Character Formation is basically a more interesting version of a Moral Class, where we learn about how to be a good person. For character formation, there will be debates and assignments for us to complete. As long as we finish our assignments, we can pass Character Formation.

To pass our Service Learning class, we need to complete 20 hours of community service and any work assigned to us. This class is going to force us to experience how poorer and less fortunate people in our community. This will help us to be more compassionate, and more helpful towards them.

After lunch, we learned about the Orientation camp, which is a time for us to get to know each other. We will go for camp with others in the same programme. With only 11 students in my programme, CAT, we will go for camp with students from the ACCA programme.

Once the lectures were over, we had a treasure hunt. It wasn't boring, but neither was it very fun. My feet were aching after being in heels the whole day. Even worse, I had blisters too!

I was glad when it was done. I was happy to go home, and have dinner.

Today has been a tiring but interesting day.

A picture of a nice view in college.
I should probably try to take a nicer and more meaningful
picture of college tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YMCA Street Feeding- Day 3

Temptations

Malaysian Studies